The last portion of 2009 saw 6 further books added to my ‘Read in 2009’ list bringing the final total to 56. For the first 50, see here.
Following the pattern of my previous post, I note that of these 6 books:
- 2 were borrowed from the public library
- 2 have Canadian authors
- 3 are by authors who appear elsewhere on the 2009 list
- 1 was read aloud by my wife and me
- 1 is non-fiction
The remaining 6 books read in 2009 are:
- Burnard, Bonnie. Casino & Other Stories
- Gaiman, Neil. Stardust
- Lamarque, Peter. The Philosophy of Literature
- Tyler, Anne. Digging to America
- Chabon, Michael. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
- Crummey, Michael. River Thieves
Although all of these books were well worth reading, the star amongst them is The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay which is a great read and also a great read-aloud book.
Already working on 2010 which I anticipate will be at least as varied and exciting as 2009. Good reading to you!